Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Facts whithout Figures

The poorest 40 percent of the world’s population accounts for 5 percent of global income. The richest 20 percent accounts for three-quarters of world income.

According to UNICEF, 25,000 children die each day due to poverty. And they “die quietly in some of the poorest villages on earth, far removed from the scrutiny and the conscience of the world. Being meek and weak in life makes these dying multitudes even more invisible in death.”

Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.


No comments:

Post a Comment

an mba is all about........

My Blog List

My Blog List

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
AHMEDABAD, Ahmedabad, India
A native from Seoni, MP (India). I've done MBA (Finance) from IMI New Delhi in 2011-13 and currently working as a Treasury Adviser in HDFC Bank. I'm based of Ahmedabad.